Support Worker Apprenticeship at The Orchard TrustBack to List
- Reference: VAC001278790
- Total Positions: 5
- Location: Lydbrook
- Salary: £159 per week
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Closing Date: 31 August 2017
This role is part of the Orchard Trust Support Worker Team providing support to people with learning disabilities and other needs at three locations within the Forest of Dean.
- Treat those you support with respect and dignity, getting to know them and identifying their key needs and talents, then making sure they are met.
- Assist in creating an environment that is supportive and positive
- Provide personal and physical care, if required, in line with care plans and risk assessments
- Provide a safe and supportive environment.
- Protect, identify and safeguard from abuse all vulnerable people and undertake the correct procedures for reporting a safeguarding concern
- Administer medication in line with Orchard Trust policy and individual care plans
- Provide personal care, prepare meals and assist in writing care plans
- Participate in reviews and other relevant meetings
- Adhere to Orchard Trust’s Policies and Procedures, CQC Essential Standards of Quality and Safety and the GSCC Code of Conduct
- Keep up to date and accurate records, performing audits and reviews as required
- Keep accurate financial records when dealing with service users’ finances and petty cash
- Be an efficient, collaborative and effective team member
- Communicate effectively and appropriately
- Feedback observations and ideas and share your learning
- Identify problems and opportunities
- Establish good relationships with professionals, colleagues and anyone you come into contact with through your role
- Always behave in a professional manner
- Display a personal appearance that is clean, appropriate and tidy and dress accordingly.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Assist with fund-raising activities across Orchard Trust
- Uphold and demonstrate the values of Orchard Trust and apply these to all internal and external interactions.
- Act as an ambassador for the Orchard Trust
- Deliver on commitments in a timely way
- Good organisational skills.
- An interest in care in the community.
- Good communicator, mature and respectful manner.
- Punctual and organised.
- Proactive, enthusiastic
- 3 GCSE (or equivalent) A – D inc Maths and English
This is an excellent opportunity to begin your career within care. Fantastic internal and external training with the possibility of progressing to a level 3 qualification. Following a satisfactory outcome of qualifications and competencies, along with the staffing needs of the Trust, there will be a likelihood of a permanent position.
Things to consider
Our Residential homes are based in the Forest of Dean, this is a rural area with limited public transport. Before applying please ensure you are reliably able to travel to and from our locations. Shifts are rostered in advance and include unsocial hours and weekends
About the employer
The Orchard Trust supports vulnerable individuals to maintain independence, dignity and choice in their daily lives.
Our values are based on the empowerment of individuals to take every opportunity they wish to lead a fulfilling life through flexible and person centred care.
We provide a range of support, in collaboration with all appropriate agencies, to meet the personal and health care needs of the people we look after and assist their families wherever possible.
Our facilities include top of the range care homes, each with an adapted vehicle, a hydrotherapy pool, a rebound centre, a smallholding with day activities for all, respite care facilities and supported living homes. We also link with Gloucestershire College to provide specialised accredited education to young adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
We are Investors in People Gold award employer with our own accredited internal training department and provide regular supervisions and daily support to all our employees.