Early Years Level 3 Apprenticeship at Drybrook Primary SchoolBack to List
- Reference: VAC001674670
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Drybrook
- Salary: £153.84 Per Week
- Hours: 30.00 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date: 19 January 2021
Early Years Level 3 Apprenticeship - Find an apprenticeship
- Establishing excellent relationships with the children, interacting and playing with them in a fun and educational manner
- Modelling and promoting positive behaviours expected of children such as turn-taking
- Supporting the planning and delivery of quality learning and play activities appropriate to the age, stage, and needs of individual and groups of children
- To help raise standards of achievement for all pupils in the nursery environment
- Supporting and promoting children’s speech, language, and communication development
- Support learning by setting up resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher/manager and in line with health and safety requirements
- Select, prepare and clear away classroom resources and learning areas ensuring a clean, safe, and tidy learning environment is maintained
- Assist pupils with eating, dressing, and hygiene, as required, whilst encouraging independence
- Under the guidance of a teacher/manager observe, monitor, assess, and record pupil progress
- Undertaking safeguarding and ensuring safeguarding standards are maintained at all times
- Ensuring that the children are kept safe by maintaining an excellent level of health & safety at all times
- Familiarisation of school policies and procedures in order to work within these
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy, literacy and ICT skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Adaptability skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Empathetic nature
- A commitment to improving the outcomes for all children
- A sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective
- Level 2 in Early Years
- GCSE English and maths C/4 grade or above or equivalent
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Whilst the role is very fulfilling the days are long and busy and there is a lot of paperwork that needs to be completed to a high standard (you will be supported to do this by your mentor and other staff). Nursery days can be hard work and stressful but are also lots of fun and are incredibly rewarding.
Holiday entitlement: 5 weeks.
About the employer
Drybrook Primary School and Willow Nursery
Our school is founded upon the collective pursuit of our leading aim and our students know what that leading aim is. We know that life throws us many challenges and we aim to work in partnership so that we can learn about what lies ahead and prepare ourselves for our role in not just modern Britain, but the world. Progress is rarely linear, in life and school, and we are passionate that our broad and balanced curriculum complements our pastoral care and pedagogy.
Drybrook is built upon excellent relationships, honest conversations and unwavering support to get the best out of each other. Staff work together to improve their teaching; students are actively involved in leadership across the school and parents/carers are listened to and supported in our shared journey.
The modern world is a complex place and we seek to equip our students with the skills to thrive and to make a difference. We acknowledge that children have a minefield to navigate and we support parents/carers in their journey of development, but we relish the opportunity we have been given to influence the lives of young people in the Forest of Dean.
If you visit Drybrook you will see that there is a simple, common-sense approach to working with young people that is founded on giving and getting respect. Our staff love their jobs and we work hard to instil that love of our school into our students and the wider community. We are very serious about our role within the community and we are an active presence within it.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gloucestershire College
GC Apprenticeship Team 01452 563 400 firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 3 Diploma in Children's Learning and Development (Early Years Educator)
- Award in Paediatric First Aid
- Functional Skills: Level 2 ICT if required
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Early Years Educator
Level 3 (A level)