Level 3 IT Support Apprentice at Brunston SurgeryBack to List
- Reference: VAC001659213
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Coleford/Lydbrook
- Salary: £206.25 Per Week
- Hours: 37.5 Per Week
- Closing Date: 28 October 2020
User maintenance for all systems:
- Setting up, amending, deleting user access in accordance with authorised instructions
- Smartcard administration
- General maintenance in respect of all systems
- Co-ordinating software updates
- Prepare and maintain user guides
- First point of contact for users in respect of any systems or office equipment faults/issues
- Liaising with Countywide IT Services to resolve issues
- Assisting with office moves
- Provide advice and guidance on ICT matters
- Provide training to users as required (e.g. new users)
- Co-ordinate and assist with system implementations and testing
- Suggest improvements to systems and implement subject to management authorisation
Developing the AccRx text message system to support the practice system for call and recall for chronic disease management.
Clinical system (EMIS):
- General maintenance, set up and configuration changes including appointment system
- Download Ardens protocols, searches and templates
- Running and developing reports
Team Net (Clarity GP - web based sharing and compliance platform):
- Developing the system to meet the needs of the practice
- Transferring documents from legacy system
- Communicate appropriately with practice staff, managers and partners as required
- General maintenance and support of the telephone system including liaising with the supplier to resolve issues
- Daily monitoring of telephone recording system
- Updating standard messages on the telephone system
- Updating website and liaising with the website provider to resolve issues.
- General maintenance of eConsult (the online total triage system used by the practice) in liaison with the supplier
- Processing bulk text messages to patients
- Franking machine top-ups and ordering consumables
Information security/Data protection:
- Ensure that all patient interactions are dealt with confidentially and any confidential paperwork is dealt with in accordance with practice protocol
- Adhere to practice policies regarding security and confidentiality
- Assist with Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Assist with Data Protection and Security (DPS) toolkit
- Maintain Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCIDSS) compliance and ensure declaration is updated annually by deadline
- Assist with ICT Disaster Recovery policy
- Maintain Assets Register
- Be mindful of building security, have a thorough knowledge of door and window locks
- Contribute to maintaining the professional image of the practice
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as requested by the practice manager or the partners
Requirements and prospects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
- Excellent customer service
- Organisation and communication skills
- Must be an excellent team player
Five GCSE’s A*-C (9-4) or equivalents including maths and English and a technology subject.
This is a brand-new role within the practice, and we hope to be able to offer a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship, for the post holder to develop and increase their responsibility for our ICT.
Things to consider
All our employees are expected to be able to work at both our main site in Coleford and our branch site at Lydbrook. You may occasionally be required to work outside core hours.
Holiday entitlement:25 days plus bank holidays.
Staff benefits: Uniform provided.
About the employer
General medical practice with 4 partner GPs covering approximately 6,100 patients with 2 sites in Coleford and Lydbrook.