Early Years Apprenticeship at Bourton-On-The-Water Day NurseryBack to List
- Reference: VAC001667005
- Total Positions: 3
- Location: Bourton On The Water
- Salary: £240.00 - £300.00 Per Week
- Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date: 4 December 2020
You will be working towards your Level 2 Childcare apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
- Contributing toward planning and implementing a range of activities suitable for the age range of children in your age group
- Helping children and encouraging independence during snack and mealtimes
- Undertaking safeguarding and ensuring safeguarding standards are maintained at all times
- Ensuring an excellent level of health & safety is maintained at all times
- Building good relationships with the children and interacting and playing with children in a fun and educational manner-silly songs and voices are a must!
- Good numeracy, literacy and ICT skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Adaptability skills
- You will need to be kind, caring and able to see the funny side of things, a sense of humour is a must.
- You will also need to be able to work as part of a team and take instruction and be motivated to learn to be the best practitioner that you can be.
- Patience, motivation and a desire to learn.
Three GCSE’s A*-D or 9-3 including maths and English or equivalents.
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Whilst the role is very fulfilling the days are long and busy and there is a lot of paperwork that needs to be completed to a high standard (you will be supported to do this by your mentor and other staff). Nursery days can be hard work and stressful but are also lots of fun and are incredibly rewarding.
Holiday entitlement: Standard holiday entitlement.
Staff benefits: Uniform, in house training provided alongside Level 2 qualification.
Training to be provided
- NCFE Cache Level 2 Diploma Early Years Practitioner
- Award in Paediatric First Aid (embedded)
- Functional Skills: Level 2 English, Level 2 maths and Level 2 ICT If required
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills