We value our team GC and offer a generous benefits package to reward everyone for their hard work. An overview of the benefits on offer at GC are detailed below:
Our annual leave scheme is above average and dependent on the type of role, you could be entitled to:
- Up to 27 days for support staff
- 32 days for support managers
- 37 days for other managers
- 38 days for academic staff
In addition to the paid leave above, you will also receive Bank Holidays and the Christmas Closure period (between Christmas and New Year) off work.
Additional benefits include:
- Discounted gym membership at GL1 and Virgin Active
- Nursery facilities at our main campuses with discounted rates for staff members
- Discounted arts supplies NUS discount available to staff - www.nus.org.uk/en/nus-extra
- Childcare vouchers available through salary sacrifice - www.SayCareVouchers.co.uk
- Cycle to work scheme available through salary sacrifice - www.cyclescheme.co.uk
Facilities available at GC:
- Excellent training and development opportunities, including access to a selection of free Gloucestershire College courses
- Faith rooms
- Hair and beauty salons
- MOT testing
- ’We proudly brew Starbucks’ coffee shops
We offer the Local Government Pension Scheme for our support staff and the Teachers Pension Scheme for our academic staff. Both are career average salary schemes and both the employer and the employee make contributions.
Support and Personal Development
Your personal development will be one of our priorities and as an education provider we can offer you all sorts of courses to improve your career prospects and performance.
Equality and Diversity
GC is an inclusive organisation and promotes the advancement of the equality of opportunities. All staff are trained to the minimum level of diversity in the workplace and we actively promote staff to challenge any discrimination which contradicts the Equality Act 2010.
The College is currently embedding equality and diversity via the ‘I’m All In’ strategy.
We offer a wide range of internal courses coordinated by our Learning and Development team. We also create bespoke training based on a training needs analysis to ensure that we are continuously developing our staff,
Through our appraisal programme, we highlight talented individuals and progress potential managers through our Aspire to Management programmes.
All Lecturers are also supported to achieve their PTLLS, DTLLS or PGCE qualification, which are all delivered internally at GC.
We recognise the benefits of mentoring and have a scheme in place to ensure that all those that wish to be involved are connected with appropriately trained mentors.
GC recognises the benefits of apprenticeships and we fully support work based learning alongside the completion of NVQ qualifications. Please check our vacancies page for any apprenticeship roles available.