- Give support with the research process and understand personal priorities.
- Encourage students to book and attend open days and go with them if you can.
- Help to make realistic applications by knowing predicted grades.
- In preparation for writing a personal statement, encourage students to become involved in a wide range of activities and experiences to support their applications.
- Make sure you know about the application process and when the deadlines are. There is a useful Parent Guide on the UCAS website as well as https://university.which.co.uk/advice/advice-for-parents/the-parent-guide-to-university
- The college usually holds a Parents’ Higher Education event in September which you are invited to. The event includes finding out more about how to make a good application and information about student finance.
COVID19 Update: We will be open to all students and apprentices from September. Click here for more info.