The Union is here to help students by representing their views and supporting them in disciplinary procedures.
SU Governors get to attend management meetings and give their perspective on College matters.
We believe that all students deserve the chance to have their views considered, when decisions are being made about how the College is run. If you have an idea of how to improve life at College you can talk to your local SU rep and they will raise it on your behalf.
If you are involved in the disciplinary process, the Students’ Union (SU) can support you.
Come and talk to an SU rep, or a member of the Student Life team.
HE Student Governor
Our HE Lead is an elected Higher Education student tasked with the responsibility of gathering student views and giving feedback to the Quality Assurance Agency.
The position is voluntary and runs for one academic year.
The main responsibilities are...
- To gather the views of students on your course informally and through structured termly meetings.
- To produce termly reports on the main findings of the learner voice meetings.
- To attend course meetings (about 3 a year).
- To liaise with consultative committees on a School and College wide level to represent your group.
- To liaise with Higher Education Institutions if university accredited.
Following the reviews, the HE Lead must...
- Help develop an action plan from the outcome of the review process.
- Help work with staff and students to achieve identified actions.
For more information ask your course leader.