We are committed to supporting the inclusion of learners with additional needs at College, ensuring they have a positive and successful journey with us.
Our Learning Support team provides effective support to reduce barriers to learning and develop independence. We can support learners with a range of various learning differences and/or difficulties across all academic levels at College.
We have a range of support available within Learning Support that includes:
- Transitions planning and support in and out of College
- Holistic assessment of needs and an ongoing review of progress throughout the year, starting prior to enrolment
- EHCP annual reviews, as well as supporting learners with My Plans, My Plan + and SEN Profiles
- Support in and out of timetabled sessions from experienced Learning Support Assistants and Study Support Mentors
- Specialist Autism/Asperger’s support through 1:1s, environments and resources
- Assistive Technology coaching, mentoring and support
- Exam access arrangements and specialist teaching strategies
- Other support includes Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEP), personal/intimate care and medication support if required
While support is available through the Learning Support team, we are committed to ensuring that all staff across the College are confident to provide appropriate support to anybody with additional support requirements. We focus on person-centred approaches and appropriate adjustments, including developing supportive learning environments.
To view our dedicated support guides, you can find these at the bottom of the page
Higher Education & Disability Support Allowance (DSA)
If you want to study a Higher Education course with us and you have been diagnosed with a specific learning difference, disability or mental health need, you can apply directly to Student Finance England for financial support and an independent assessment.
If you would like to find out more about additional support available on our Higher Education courses, please contact us.
Get in touch with Learning Support
You can tell us about your learning differences, disabilities or medical conditions on your application form, at open evenings or by contacting the Learning Support team directly.