We are committed to including and helping students with additional needs. Our Learning Support team is here to help and guide people with a range of learning differences and disabilities.
You can let us know about a learning difference, disability or medical condition on your application form, at your interview, or by contacting the Learning Support team. We have helped students with the following problems:
- Dyslexia, dyspraxia or dyscalculia
- Visual stress
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Asperger’s and Autism
- Physical difficulties
- Sensory impairment
- Medical conditions
- Transition planning and attendance at school annual reviews from Year 9 onwards
- Advice and support throughout the application, interview and enrolment process
- Specialist assessment of needs before and during your period of study
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP)
- Assistive Technology
- Support in and out of timetabled sessions
- Exam arrangements
- DSA diagnostic assessment of learning needs for GC Higher Education students
- Information, advice and awareness training for staff and students
- Specialist Tuition
- Chill out space, independent work space and private space
Assessment of Needs
When you get in touch, we’ll arrange an informal meeting with a member of our team to discuss what support you may need.
Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)
If you’ve been diagnosed with a specific learning difference, disability or mental health need and you want to study a Higher Education course at Gloucestershire College, you can apply directly to Student Finance England for financial support and an independent assessment.
If you are studying on a GC Higher Education course, please contact us to discuss your support needs.
Our current Non-Medical Helper (NMH) rates can be downloaded here.
Autism, Communication and Social Interaction
We offer students with autism or Asperger’s syndrome a positive experience whilst studying at College. Our Autism Coordinators provide specialist help and guidance in a confidential setting.
To discuss how we might be able to help you, please contact Student Services who will put you in touch with a coordinator.
Elliott, achieved a B and D in his A Level exams. He is now studying a HNC Diploma in Art and Design with Gloucestershire College and hopes this will lead him on to a career in media.
“I chose to study at Gloucestershire College because a number of my friends recommended it as a great place to study. Prior to coming here, I didn’t have a job and wasn’t very good at exams. Now I have a job and I have passed all of my exams! I am really pleased. Gloucestershire College sixth form is great as it is not like a school and everyone is treated equally. I am now studying a HNC Diploma in Art and Design with the College.”