The college has a varied programme in place to support students with the whole process from researching their higher education options, completing and submitting their UCAS applications to replying to offers and applying for student finance. The package of support includes:
- Timetabled group tutorials including how to write a personal statement
- Organised UCAS Convention trip
- External speakers including higher education providers and student finance
- Written resources including the Student Guide to Making a Higher Education Application 2018
- UCAS lunch time drop in sessions in the college libraries
- Parents Higher Education event
- Virtual Library, GC Future Me section
*last year the College managed to process nearly 90% of all of the students’ applications by the official UCAS deadlines compared to national figures of 73%.
Who can you go to for help within the college?
- Learning mentors who deliver group tutorials on UCAS
- Academic staff who can offer advice and are the ones who write your UCAS reference
- College support staff including libraries, directed study, student services and GC Crew
If you would like to post a question about anything connected with applying for higher education and the UCAS process you can do so using the form below.
For detailed information on the process of applying for a higher education course and completing the UCAS application, use the Student Guide to Making a Higher Education Application 2018.