Meet the GC Experts: Elaine Warwicker
Continual professional development is important to ensure that you continue to be competent in your profession. An ongoing process, CPD continues throughout a professional’s career, the ultimate outcome is that it safeguards the public, the employer, the professional and the professional’s career.
At Gloucestershire College, we are pleased to support #GlosBiz with CPD by offering short professional training courses (usually between 1- 3 day courses) to enhance employees’ skills. We offer a wide range of courses suitable for a number of industry sectors for professionals at all levels.
Our courses are delivered by our expert professional tutors; the latest to join the GC Experts is Elaine Warwicker.
Elaine held senior and board-level responsibility for Marketing, Communications, Corporate Planning, Sales, People Development and Customer Services at various financial services and energy companies for over 20 years, at companies like Cheltenham & Gloucester, Egg, Chelsea Building Society, the Ecotricity Group and Bristol City Council.
She has worked in and with a variety of different company structures from consultancies and start-ups to owner-managed businesses, family businesses, a local authority-owned business and a 130 year old building society, owned by its members.
And in all of those environments, she attributes success to the quality of the people, and the quality of the conversations they had. Since 2017, Elaine has been working with companies of all shapes and sizes, from a variety of industries. She helps her clients to build and develop high-performing teams, and helps businesses to use ‘corporate company’ thinking in way that’s proportionate to them.
Canny Conversations was born out of frustration with poor communication: with customers, with teams and with peers around the senior table. Elaine loves nothing more than helping people to have better quality conversations in the workplace. Wise, to-the-point, right-first-time, engaging and challenging, but non-confrontational, conversations; what she calls Canny Conversations.
Elaine will be running several one day courses with us over the next few months at our Cheltenham Campus, including:
Maximise the value of your people 11th September
Have better Quality Conversations 3rd October
Improve behaviour in the workplace 5th November
Elaine’s workshops are perfect for leaders and managers, and are designed to be interactive, thought provoking and actionable. They are intended to enable those attending to be able to do something in their business differently or better than they did before – as soon as they get back!
Here is a brief overview of what you can get from each of Elaine’s upcoming workshops:
Maximise the value of your people
What you’ll get from the session:
- A different way to view the ‘return’ on your investment in people
- Insights into how better understanding the vision, and your direction of travel, can help to create a more engaged workforce
- A guide to help you with delegation, stretch and productivity
Have better quality conversations
What you’ll get from this session:
- A different way to view the conversations you have with people in the workplace
- Insights into how better understanding your audience, and your conversational purpose will help to get better outcomes
- A guide to how you can practise identifying what type of conversation you’re in, and what to do if you fall into a conversational pitfall
Improve behaviour in the workplace
What you’ll get from this session:
- A different way to view the behaviours of people in the workplace
- Insights into how better understanding the ‘moments that matter’ can help to create a more engaged workforce
- A guide to how you can create a behaviours set – and start to change the way your behaviours impact on your internal culture and external reputation