The course has been designed to maximise practical hands on experience all underpinned with theory. The assessment methods include:
- Multiple choice examination
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical demonstration/assignment/assessment
- The Course will be delivered at GL1 Leisure Centre, Gloucester
The qualification consists of 10 mandatory units which include:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming and delivering personal training with clients
This qualification is open to all, and no previous experience or qualifications are required, but some experience of gym-based exercise, including free weights, is highly recommended. This qualification has been developed for:
- Individuals wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as gym-based
- Fitness instructors and personal trainers
- Individuals considering a career in a gym-based environment such as a health club or leisure centre
- Individuals already working in the active leisure sector wishing to enhance their career progression opportunities
You may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. These loans help you to pay the fees charged by the training organisation, Gloucestershire College. Most learners aged 19 and over, studying at Level 3 to 6, will qualify for these loans from the UK Government. It’s easy to apply, your household income isn’t taken into account and there’s no credit check.
The fee for your course will be set by Gloucestershire College. They will confirm the cost and the amount that can be covered by a loan before you enrol. Your agreed loan will be paid by Student Finance England and will be paid to your training organisation once they’ve confirmed you are registered on a course.
If you would like to apply for a place on this course please email: email@example.com with your contact details and she will put you on the list.
Fitness Instructing and Personal Training
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Register your Interest