Advanced Technical Certificate in Hairdressing Level 3
This course is designed to follow on from the Level 2 Technical Certificate for Hair Colouring Services or from an NVQ or VRQ Level 2 in Hairdressing and will equip you with the essential technical practical knowledge for employment as a Senior Stylist in the hairdressing industry.
You will study:
· Hairdressing consultation services
· Cut hair using a combination of techniques
· Creatively colour and lighten hair
· Creatively style and dress hair
· Hair colour correction services
· Optional unit to be confirmed
· Customer service
· Health and safety
Alongside these vocational subjects students will be expected to undertake:
· Industry related work placement
· Maths and English
· Independent study where students will undertake independent learning to enhance their understanding of the vocationally related theory
· Charity, community and voluntary events often related to hair and beauty which may be in addition to your timetabled hours.
· Seminars, workshops with industry employers and suppliers
· Trips and visits (Costs TBC).
· In house, regional and national competition work
Graduations at all of our Gloucestershire College Campuses offer learners the chance to train in facilities which are industry standard and will enable you to develop your skills in client consultation, customer service and current treatment techniques giving you the confidence to give pre and after treatment/service advice using a variety of professional ranges such as Wella, Matrix, American Crew and Tigi.
Throughout your training programme you will be required to carry out treatments on your peers to develop your skills and take paying clients to gain the widest possible range of experiences and employability skills.
How will I be assessed?
· Final exam covering all mandatory units. Marked externally.
· Synoptic assessment during the final term, containing a practical based task or skill
· Formative assessments which are undertaken on paying clients.
· A Portfolio of Evidence/Service Log to demonstrate progress
· Written assignments, tests and projects
As in a professional salon, students will be expected to give our clients the highest possible customer care and portray a professional image and are required to wear a salon uniform whilst in the salons.
All students are expected to purchase a uniform and full kit, two weeks before the course starts. Order forms will be provided prior to the start of the course.
There are supplementary costs for material, books, course trips and visits. Financial assistance may be available. Please enquire at Student Services.
Choose a Campus
Forest of Dean
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.