Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People's Workforce
Childcare is an extremely rewarding and responsible occupation, which suits those who communicate and interact well with children. Good childcare is vital to help individuals grow, develop and succeed in life. An apprenticeship in children's care is the perfect opportunity to combine learning with the practical experience of working with children, usually with a nursery or day centre. Both the level 2 and level 3 apprenticeship include a first aid module.
Delivery Model: in the workplace
Duration: 12 months
- Early Years Worker/Assistant
- Care Worker/Assistant
- Assistant Youth Support and Community Worker
BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Children's and Young Peoples Workforce
- English Functional Skills
- Mathematics Functional Skills
- Information, Communication and Technology Functional Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking S
Benefits for Learners
- Understand and apply the principles of child development
- Improve your techniques when working with children
- Increase confidence and competence
- Attain a national recognised qualification
Benefits to Business
- Excellent opportunity to upskill existing staff and manage succession planning
- Knowledge of the latest legislations and Ofsted requirements in a childcare environment
- Develop a team who will drive high levels of quality care
Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development
The aim of this unit is for the learner to apply their knowledge and understanding in order to support child and young person development. The unit also includes support to children and young people experiencing transitions and positive behaviour support
Contribute to Children and Young People`s Health and Safety
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to contribute to supporting children and young people`s health and safety.
Contribute to the support of positive environments for Children and Young People
The purpose of this unit is to develop the learners understanding of why a positive environment is important to the individual needs of children and young people and the skills required to support this.
Understand Partnership working in services for Children and Young People
This unit provides knowledge and understanding of the important of partnership working and effective communication.
Introduction to Communication in Health, Social Care or Children`s and Young People`s Settings
The unit introduces the central importance of communication with a range of people in such settings and ways to reduce barriers to communication. It also addresses the issue of confidentiality
Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children`s and Young People`s Settings
The unit introduces the concepts of personal development and reflective practice which are fundamental to such roles and ways to implement these.
Children and Young People's Workforce Intermediate Apprenticeship
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply