The CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CST-L3) qualification is for learners who have already acquired some counselling knowledge and skills from studying CPCAB's Level 2 Certificate In Counselling Skills (or its equivalent), and now want to continue their training. CST-L3 introduces you to the three main theoretical approaches to counselling (Psychodynamic, Person Centred and Cognitive Behavioural) and shows you what you can expect when working in a counselling agency.
By the end of the Certificate in Counselling Studies (CST-L3), students should:
- Be prepared to use a professional framework within a counselling agency
- Have developed an understanding of the counselling relationship
- Be prepared to use diversity understandings and skills in a counselling relationship
- Be prepared to manage the counselling process within a user-centred approach
- Use counselling concepts in personal exploration to develop self-awareness within counselling practice
- Have developed understanding of counselling concepts
- Be prepared to use supervision as a self-reflective counsellor
Learners are required to produce a candidate portfolio and undertake an externally-assessed written paper. In addition to the classroom time, learners should anticipate around 3-4 hours per week of private study time to cover assignments and reading.
Candidate registration fees are payable at enrolment.
And finally - it is important that you realise, and are prepared for, the costs involved in this course - financial, time and emotional. It is a serious course that requires a high degree of commitment and hard work in the areas of theory, personal exploration and self-development.
The course is not suitable for those currently experiencing life difficulties such as bereavement, relationship breakdown, mental health problems and so on. It is not a substitute for counselling or other support.
Finally, there are a number of options available at GC to help you pay for your course fees:
- Setting up a Direct Debit: You’ll be asked for a 20% deposit when you enrol and this can be paid in cash, or by debit or credit card. Course fees must be paid in full by the end of your course so the monthly instalments would be adjusted accordingly e.g. for a one year course you would make 8 payments
- Advanced Learner Loan: Contact Student Services to find out more and whether this course is eligible
- Support for those that are unemployed and in receipt of benefits: Contact Student Services to find out if this course is eligible for funding and whether you are eligible
For advice on funding please contact Student Services or refer to guidance produced by our awarding body at http://www.cpcab.co.uk/qualifications/funding
Choose a Start Date
10 September 2019 at 5:30 pm finishes 8:30 pm
6 February 2020 at 1:15 pm finishes 7:15 pm
7 February 2020 at 9:00 am finishes 3:00 pm
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.