This course is suited to someone who has completed the Level 2 Certificate in Accounting course OR has previous accountancy/finance experience, relevant qualifications (A-levels), used to studying, OR with the confidence to start at a slightly higher level than Level 2.
This course is offered as follows:-
Gloucester Campus: Monday Daytime, Thursday Daytime or Tuesday and Thursday Evenings
Cheltenham Campus: Wednesday Daytime or Tuesday and Thursday Evenings
Gloucester Campus: Tuesday and Thursday Evenings – Subject to numbers
Cheltenham Campus: Tuesday Daytime– Subject to numbers
Day classes campuses require attendance between 9.30am and 4:45pm. Evening classes are two evenings 5:30pm to 8:45pm.
All classes are three hours duration plus a fifteen minute break.
The course covers six units:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Indirect Tax (VAT)
- Spreadsheet for Accounting
- Ethics for Accountants
- Management Accounting: Costing.
For further detail refer to the AAT website http://www.aat.org.uk/
Assessment is based on five computer based examinations.
In addition to attending college, students will be expected to undertake between 3-4 hours additional study out of college.
For further information, please phone 0345 155 2020 or email email@example.com
Students are responsible for paying their AAT annual registration £88 and the cost of text books approximately £135.
Finally, there are a number of options available at GC to help you pay for your course fees:
- Setting up a Direct Debit: You’ll be asked for a 20% deposit when you enrol and this can be paid in cash, or by debit or credit card. There is a 2% charge on credit card payments. Course fees must be paid in full by the end of your course so the monthly instalments would be adjusted accordingly e.g. for a one year course you would make 8 payments
- Advanced Learner Loan: Contact Student Services to find out more and whether this course is eligible
- Support for those that are unemployed and in receipt of benefits: Contact Student Services to find out if this course is eligible for funding and whether you are eligible
AAT Accounting Technician
Choose a Campus
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.