This course is suited to someone who has completed the Level 2 Certificate in Accounting course OR has previous accountancy/finance experience, relevant qualifications (A-levels), used to studying, OR with the confidence to start at a slightly higher level than Level 2.
This course is offered as follows:-
Gloucester Campus: Monday Daytime, Thursday Daytime or Tuesday and Thursday Evenings
Cheltenham Campus: Wednesday Daytime or Tuesday and Thursday Evenings
Gloucester Campus: Tuesday and Thursday Evenings – Subject to numbers
Cheltenham Campus: Tuesday Daytime– Subject to numbers
Day classes campuses require attendance between 9.30am and 4:45pm. Evening classes are two evenings 5:30pm to 8:45pm.
All classes are three hours duration plus a fifteen minute break.
The course covers six units:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Indirect Tax (VAT)
- Spreadsheet for Accounting
- Ethics for Accountants
- Management Accounting: Costing.
For further detail refer to the AAT website http://www.aat.org.uk/
Assessment is based on five computer based examinations.
In addition to attending college, students will be expected to undertake between 3-4 hours additional study out of college.
For further information, please phone 0345 155 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students are responsible for paying their AAT annual registration £88 and the cost of text books approximately £135.
Finally, there are a number of options available at GC to help you pay for your course fees:
- Setting up a Direct Debit: You’ll be asked for a 20% deposit when you enrol and this can be paid in cash, or by debit or credit card. There is a 2% charge on credit card payments. Course fees must be paid in full by the end of your course so the monthly instalments would be adjusted accordingly e.g. for a one year course you would make 8 payments
- Advanced Learner Loan: Contact Student Services to find out more and whether this course is eligible
- Support for those that are unemployed and in receipt of benefits: Contact Student Services to find out if this course is eligible for funding and whether you are eligible
AAT Accounting Technician
9 January 2018
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply