This award is an introductory qualification for teaching and learning in the Education and Training Sector. It is the direct replacement for the Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) and is now available at Level 3.
The Award will provide you with the basic skills and knowledge to enable you to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching and learning sessions across a variety of teaching and training contexts in the sector which can also include work based learning. There is no minimum teaching practice requirement and whilst it is intended for those in a teaching or training position, it can be undertaken by anyone that wishes to consider themselves for a role in the sector. There is, however, a minimum requirement to undertake a micro-teach as part of the training.
The Award can therefore meet the needs of trainees not currently teaching or training as well as those currently teaching or training, including those who have just begun, who wish to undertake a first step qualification or individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that can provide an introduction to teaching.
There are a number of delivery models:
- Taught part-time sessions, 10 x 3hrs per week;
- 5 -day intensive programmes, 2 x 3 hrs sessions daily;
- Bespoke courses available by request, contact administrator to discuss requirements.
There are a number of options available at GC to help you pay for your course fees:
- Setting up a Direct Debit: You’ll be asked for a 20% deposit when you enrol and this can be paid in cash, or by debit or credit card. Course fees must be paid in full by the end of your course so the monthly instalments would be adjusted accordingly e.g. for a one year course you would make 8 payments
- Advanced Learner Loan: Contact Student Services to find out more and whether this course is eligible
- Support for those that are unemployed and in receipt of benefits: Contact Student Services to find out if this course is eligible for funding and whether you are eligible
Award in Education and Training
Choose a Start Date
8 July 2019 at 9:00 am finishes 5:00 pm
18 September 2019 at 5:45 pm finishes 9:00 pm
19 September 2019 at 1:00 pm finishes 4:15 pm
8 January 2020 at 5:45 pm finishes 9:00 pm
16 April 2020 at 1:00 pm finishes 4:15 pm
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.