Diploma and Foundation Degree level courses are available for those candidates who wish to progress to professional qualification as a Counsellor. Successful completion of this course will enable you to provide a therapeutic counselling service within the context of an agency's service framework.
The Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling provides training in:
- Coherent vocational and professional counselling training
- A competence based training which highlights the development of skilled practice via experiential learning
- Specific training for the role of counsellor in an agency
- The opportunity to learn a wide range of counselling theories and approaches
- Use of Clarkson’s Five Facet framework for integration of Person Centred and Psychodynamic theory and skills
There are 7 mandatory units:
- Working ethically, safely and professionally as a counsellor
- Working within a counselling relationship
- Working with client diversity in counselling work
- Working within a user-centred approach to counselling
- Working with self-awareness in the counselling process
- Working within a coherent framework of counselling theory and skills
- Working self-reflectively as a counsellor
In addition to the College fees there are other costs to be considered including:
* 40 sessions of personal therapy (typically £45 per session)
* Supervision: most agencies provide supervision but occasionally students either supplement existing supervision, with the agreement of the agency, or organise supervision privately at around £45 per hour
* Books, photocopying, travel, childcare, etc.
If you need information about a loan for your fees and other related information try
The Student Loan Company www.slc.co.uk/services/higher-education.aspx
For further information about this course see our Awarding Body’s website at www.cpcab.co.uk/qualifications/tc-l4
Although this course is not accredited by the BACP it meets their requirements for course accreditation and prepares student counsellors for individual accreditation (see www.bacp.co.uk/accreditation/). Students will complete 100 hours of counselling work in an agency to pass the course.
Following completion of the course, students may consider continuing to work in their agency in order to gain experience prior to applying for other roles (e.g. with Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)) or counselling in private practice.
September 2018 (TBC) at 9:00 am finishes 5:00 pm
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply