The International Foundation Course is a specially designed study programme for international students who have finished their secondary school and wish to continue their studies at university in the UK.
This highly successful course will prepare you for the demands of going on to study alongside British students in a specialist subject. Successful completion of the course gives students a guaranteed place at either Worcester or Gloucestershire universities, although they can apply for any university in the UK and onto a wide range of different courses. More than 30 UK universities have accepted the course for entry. Full English language support is provided for students who need to gain the appropriate qualification (normally IELTS) to enter university.
About the Course
- Taught at our Cheltenham campus in Central England
- Full time - September to June
- A compressed, 6 month January entry course is available for strong students with excellent English language skills
- Intensive English training aimed at helping students receive an IELTS level of 6.0 or higher
Academic writing and study skills
- Study business studies, covering areas such as law, marketing, management etc
- Introduction to British life in the 21st century
- Trips to UK cities (2-3 per term)
- Core skills including Numeracy (Maths) and Information Technology embedded in the course
- Academic and personal tutorial support
- Opportunities to visit UK universities
- Full, independent advice and guidance on subsequent university applications
- Access to all college facilities including accommodation services, internet services, International student support, student services, students’ union, sports facilities, library, refectory and much more Course costs are £6700 for September starts and £5300 January starts.