This course highlights some of the key issues that need to be considered when you set out to run your own business. Considerations from marketing and sales to finance and legal requirements will be discussed together with the psychology and motivation behind starting up your own business.
Our tutor, Ann-May Jenkins, runs her own small businesses in Gloucester and can help you appreciate from her own experiences where to concentrate your efforts and how to avoid expensive mistakes.
Ann-May will cover some of the following topics that might affect your plans:-
- Setting up a business plan, be able to construct, prepare and present (please see entry requirements)
- Calculating start-up costs
- Gain an initial understanding of the financial needs, legal requirements and insurance needed for a small business
- Learn the key steps you will need to consider when planning, and creating your business to increase your chances of success and minimise risk
- Understand how to market and advertise your business, identifying competition, setting pricing and branding strategies
- Customer service - plan how to provide for the individual needs of customers and prepare for obstacles and opportunities that will arise in your venture
- Networking and public relations
- Using social media to your advantage
- Remaining positive and motivated
Steps To Setting Up Your Own Business
23 January 2018 at 6:30 pm finishes 8:30 pm
Shortlist and Apply
To register your interest, please call Student Services on 0345 155 2020