The Part 1/Beginners photography course gives learners a fantastic opportunity to take control of their DSLR in ways they never have before! Throughout the course you will learn how to use a variety of camera settings and functions, which will allow you to produce both creative and stunning images.
The course has been designed to take students through the basics of photography; from beginners to those wishing to refresh their skills.
Course content includes:
- How to locate and use different camera features
- Use of manual mode and the relationship between ISO, aperture and shutter speed
- How to create stunning photographs in a location shoot with the tutor
- How to use additional equipment including tripods and lenses
- Assignment tasks which will give you the opportunity to use a variety of camera settings, for example, white balance and autofocus
- Weekly classroom critiques of your work uploaded to the college VLE or Flickr, which is a great way of you learning from your peers along with advice from the tutor
You will use a web based photographic sharing website to record and share your images so you can view the work of your peers and give feedback alongside that given by the tutor. This is a great support network opportunity, extending your own learning throughout the week and enjoyed by many learners.
On the first evening the tutor will review the planned curriculum and evaluate your photography skills to inform his lesson planning. Any areas of photography the group would like to pursue over the term will also be discussed and course content confirmed including the location shoot date and time.
By the end of the course you should have a better understanding of the functions of your camera and have a good knowledge of basic photographic terminology. You should be able to produce photographs making use of ambient lighting to create images which reflect your new found skills using a variety of settings.
You are asked to bring a digital SLR camera and a pencil/pen and paper. Students may need to purchase extra kit periodically throughout the course, the tutor will give advice.
Our tutors combine current industry practice with their teaching careers and bring a wealth of varied experience to the class.
Gloucestershire College main sites have cafe facilities, so you might like to enjoy a drink or light snack before the start of your class. Water only is allowed in the classrooms.
Photography Using SLR - Part 1
10 January 2018 at 4:45 pm finishes 6:45 pm
Shortlist and Apply
To register your interest, please call Student Services on 0345 155 2020