This course is designed to give a broad overview of Interior Design from the initial planning and execution stages, finishing with a floor plan with lighting and an Inspiration/Sample board.
You will learn:
- colour association and colour theory using a colour wheel –
- how to survey a space and measure up accurately –
- to generate floor plans and elevations from a survey –
- how to gain the best use from available space –
- the importance of pattern and texture, including paint effects
You will have a better understanding of:
- the importance of size, colour and materials when choosing furniture and soft furnishings
- the basic forms of lighting and how to choose lighting that will enhance and complement the design scheme
By the end of the course you will have finished the Design Board and will know how to plan and design a small project to the Design Board stage.
There is no qualification associated with this course.
On the first evening, after a visual overview of the course, you will be introduced to colour association and begin to consider colour schemes. Full details of equipment and materials needed throughout the course will be given at the first session. It is expected that amongst the items required will be scissors, Pritt stick and UHU glue, but it is not necessary to bring these items to the first session. Estimated additional expenses for learners are £12.
Feedback from learners who recently attended this course. "The tutor was great. I enjoyed the course greatly in terms of content and scope." "Very challenging course, enjoyed learning about design in its various forms."
Please be aware that courses running in the summer term (after Easter) will be reduced to 5 weeks duration. Tutors will discuss with each group the preferred course content from the description above, recognising the restricted time available.
Interior Design (evening)
23 April 2019 at 7:00 pm finishes 9:00 pm
Shortlist and Apply
To register your interest, please call Student Services on 0345 155 2020