Best suited for students who are over the age pf 19, this course is aimed at those wishing to pursue a career as a beauty therapist in this exciting and ever advancing industry. To become a fully qualified Beauty Therapist, it is essential that you continue your studies at Level 3.
Students will study theory and practical applications of the following:
- Health and safety
- Facial skincare, massage and mask therapy.
- Manicure and pedicure techniques
- Eye treatments
- Client care and customer service
- Anatomy and Physiology
Alongside these subjects delivered in college, students will need to be able to commit themselves to an additional 4-5 hours per week undertaking:
- Independent study at home where Students will undertake independent learning to enhance their understanding of the vocationally related theory and complete assignments and study for exams.
- Practise of treatments at home to develop your skills and help prepare you for assessment. You may also be asked to participate voluntarily in charity, community and voluntary events often related to Hair and Beauty. This could be things such as fashion shows etc.
Throughout your training programme you will be required to receive and carry out treatments on your peers to develop your skills and take paying clients to gain the widest possible range of experiences and employability skills. As in a professional salon, students will be expected to give our clients the highest possible customer care and portray a professional image and are required to wear a salon uniform whilst in the salons.
How will I be assessed?
- Continual assessment throughout the course
- Oral questioning
- Written assignments and projects
- Online tests
- Practical assessments which are undertaken on paying clients.
- A Portfolio of Evidence
- Quality Sampling takes place by the Awarding Body. This may be in the first term or towards the end of the Academic year. If you are selected you would need to ensure that your portfolio is submitted and you may need to attend a practical EQA sampling session to gain your qualification.
All students are expected to purchase a uniform and full kit before the course starts. Order Forms will be provided.
There are supplementary costs for material, books, course trips and visits. Financial assistance may be available. Please enquire at Student Services.
Beauty Therapy Part Time
11 September 2019 at 6:00 pm finishes 9:00 pm
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply