VRQ level 2 Diploma in Beauty therapy (full time)
This course is aimed at those wishing to pursue a career as a beauty therapist in this exciting and ever advancing industry. To become a fully qualified Beauty Therapist, it is essential that you continue your studies at Level 3, the following year.
Students will study theory and practical applications of the following:
- Working in beauty related industries
- Health and Safety
- Client care and communication
- Skin care and facial treatments
- Promoting products and services
- Manicure and pedicure techniques
- Lash and brow treatments
- Create a themed image
- Reception Duties
- Anatomy and Physiology
Alongside these vocational subjects students will be expected to undertake:
- Industry related work placement
- Maths and English
- Independent study where Students will undertake independent learning to enhance their understanding of the vocationally related theory.
- Charity, community and voluntary events often related to Hair and Beauty which may be in addition to your timetabled hours.
- Seminars, workshops with industry employers and suppliers
- Trips and visits (Costs TBC).
- In house, regional and national competition work
Graduations at all of our Gloucestershire College Campuses offer learners the chance to train in facilities which are industry standard and will enable you to develop your skills in client consultation, customer service, current treatment techniques giving you the confidence to give pre and after treatment/service advice using a professional range of products and treatments with our skin care provider Monu.
Throughout your training programme you will be required to carry out treatments on your peers to develop your skills and take paying clients to gain the widest possible range of experiences and employability skills.
How will I be assessed?
- Formative assessments which are undertaken on paying clients throughout the course
- Summative assessments which are undertaken near the end of the course
- A Portfolio of Evidence/Service Log to demonstrate progress
- Written assignments, tests and projects
- Quality sampling taken by awarding body
As in a professional salon, students will be expected to give our clients the highest possible customer care and portray a professional image; you'll be required to wear a salon uniform whilst in the salon.
All students are expected to purchase a uniform and full kit. Order forms will be provided prior to the start of the course.
There are supplementary costs for material, books, course trips and visits. Financial assistance may be available. Please enquire at Student Services
Applicants will need to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, commitment and an ability to communicate effectively.
At Gloucestershire College we want students to develop their English and maths skills so that they achieve their learning goals and future career aims. For this reason all full-time students who have not achieved grade A* to C English language or maths GCSE will study these subjects as part of their course.
Choose a Campus
Forest of Dean
Shortlist and Apply
Please select the specific course you would like to apply for.