The course gives a strong grounding in all aspects of film and the associated technology.
There is an option to complete an HNC at Level 4 within one year.
"A very inspiring course, which gives plenty of opportunity to learn crucial filmmaking skills. We use world-class camera and editing equipment, visit film sets, and get lecturer assistance to progress into the industry. As a mature student I have been very impressed with the high standards of respect shown to students and everything that this course has offered me” - Phil Stubbs (mature student on the HND Film & Moving Image)
Your studies should include:
- Making short fiction films, documentaries and music videos
- Working on set (studio and location) with real actors.
- Study of film history and theory
- Cinematography, set design, production management, screenwriting and editing training
- Training on Arri Alexa, Arri Amira, Red Dragon, the Sony F5 & FS700 cameras
- Training on Nagras, Sound Devices and Zoom sound recorders.
- Training on Adobe Premier, Avid Media Composer and Final Cut X
- Digital photography and lighting techniques
- Trips (previous trips - Berlin Film Festival - 2014, Cannes Film festival - 2015, New York - 2016)
If you need information about a loan for your fees and other related information try The Student Loan Company www.slc.co.uk/services/higher-education.aspx At application stage you will be prompted to apply via UCAS http://ucas.com/students/apply/
The ucas codes are: HNC (26C1) HND (95D2). The UCAS Institution Code for Gloucestershire College is G45.
Please see Gloucestershire College’s Admissions Policy and Code of Practice available at http://www.gloscol.ac.uk/about-us-and-jobs-at-gc/partnerships-and-governance/governance/policies (subject to agreed amendments). Gloucestershire College’s Admissions Policy and Code of Practice has been written based on guidance from external bodies that regulate consumer law, customer protection and education standards. If you have any queries about either Gloucestershire College’s Admissions Policy or Code of Practice, please contact Gloucestershire College’s Admissions department via telephone 01242 532008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Film and Moving Image HNC/HND
September 2018 (TBC)
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply