Ideal if: you want to study digital photography.
You'll learn: about the industry, developing research skills and practical skills to enable progression on to the Level 3 qualification.
Expect: a range of tasks involving location and creative studio photography.
You'll love: the hands-on approach to the course and exploring all of the practical elements of photography.
This course gives you the opportunity to learn about the world of photography and digital imagery.
"Teachers are well qualified and experienced; they are passionate about their subject and impart their knowledge and understanding with enthusiasm.” (Ofsted, 2016)
Your studies may include:
- Lighting, and Studio Practice,
- Composition and Portraiture,
- Commercial and Documentary
- Introduction to the Photographic Industry
- Development of photographic ideas
- Presentation of a portfolio of photographic images
- Health and safety
- Legal and ethical considerations
This programme is a one year course and will take place in the college’s fully resourced computer suites and photography studios and on location.
Students will develop an understanding of photographic processes and central skills employers look for in employees.
Our lecturers have a wealth of experience and are active in the industry exhibiting internationally.
Progression opportunities within the industry can be divided into several areas, including:
• Photography - Advertising and Editorial Photographer, General Practice (Social) Photographer, Press Photographer or Photojournalist, Fashion Photographer, Scientific Photographer, Corporate Photographer, Forensic Photographer, Medical Photographer, Assistant Photographer, Staff Photographer
• Photographic Laboratories and Image Producers - Minilab Operator, Print Finishing Technician, Digital Imaging Specialist
• Photo Retail - Photo Retail Manager, Minilab Operator Photo
• Retail Picture Libraries - Picture Researcher, Picture Library Manager • Manufacturers - Field Service Technician, Marketing Executive
• Equipment [Support Services - Product Repair Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Product Returns Management Technician.
At Gloucestershire College we want students to develop their English and maths skills so that they achieve their learning goals and future career aims. For this reason all full-time students who have not achieved grade A* to C English language or maths GCSE will study these subjects as part of their course.
Photography NCFE Diploma
4 September 2019
Shortlist and Apply
If you would like to apply for this course, please add it to your shortlist. You may then add further courses to your shortlist or continue to complete your application.
Shortlist and Apply