Latest COVID Update – click here for more info.

Recruit apprentices and support the next generation

Gloucestershire College has young, talented individuals looking to join a business like yours right now. We need local employers to help us support our county's young people through providing apprenticeship opportunities. 

We have prospective apprentices ready to start with your business, so sign up today to recruit!

NEW flexible start dates for 2020/21!

Traditionally Gloucestershire College has only allowed new Construction and Building Services apprentices to join in September, but we are extended this until October 2020. If you are able to recruit an apprentice this year, don't delay! Get in touch with our Business Hub team to recruit one of our outstanding candidates. 

If you aren't able to recruit just yet, for the first time we are running a full programme of Construction apprenticeship start dates in Janaury 2021! To recruit in Janaury, contact our Business Hub team to get the ball rolling.

Email: business.hub@gloscol.ac.uk or call: 01452 563400

How will apprenticeships benefit your business? 

Apprenticeships offer real, measurable business benefits for employers. They are proven to increase productivity, improve motivation and offer real succession planning.

  • Grow your team whilst keeping your costs down
  • Increase staff retention and motivation
  • Increase productivity
  • Directly address any skills gaps within your business
  • Get full support from Gloucestershire College
  • Receive new incentive payments from the government of up to £3,000 per apprentice hired before 31 January 2021

Arrange a consultation to find out more

Fill out your details below to arrange a call back from one of our Business Consultants, or contact the GC Business Hub directly on 01452 563400 or business.hub@gloscol.ac.uk

What will it cost? Much less than you think

The government will pay £2,000 to all employers in England for each new apprentice they hire aged between 16-24, and £1,500 for each new apprentice they hire aged 25 and over before 31 January 2021.

  • If your company has less than 50 employees and you take on a 16-18 year old, you are entitled to receive the training completely free of charge.

 

  • If you are not a levy payer, (your wage bill is less than £3 million) you will contribute just 5% of the total cost of your apprenticeship training, the Government will pay the remaining 95%. Additionally, you will receive £1,000 for each 16-18 year old apprentice that you take on, plus the incentive payments from the government. That’s a total of up to £3,000 per apprentice hired paid directly to your business.

 

  • If you pay the apprenticeship levy, as well as receiving the incentive payments from the government, we can support you to maximise your levy strategy and make the most of funding on offer. You can use your levy funds to bring in new talent to the business, or upskill existing employees and help reduce skills gaps.   

Our experts are here to support your business and offer guidance about how you can receive incentive payments for apprenticeships. Get in touch to arrange a free consultation with one of Business Hub team via: business.hub@glosocl.ac.uk.

Can your business recruit an apprentice?

We understand that not all businesses are currently in a position to be able to recruit, but please stay in touch and we hope to be able to work with you in the future. But if you can, we urge you to do so. We are counting on local businesses to step up and support Gloucestershire’s young people. It’s our shared responsibility to support the next generation to develop and drive forward the UK’s economy and productivity.

Why Gloucestershire College?

We have a lot of experience offering Apprenticeships and work-related training. We have industry-standard facilities and experienced teaching staff which provide the ideal complement to work-based learning.

We are here to help

0345 155 2020

90% of students would recommend GC and 95% said that the teaching on their course was good.

Ofsted has rated us good.

  • We offer industry relevant facilities
  • Our lecturers are passionate subject specialists
  • Employers value our students' skills

We'll look after you. We have dedicated teams to help you and a great Learning Mentor scheme.

top