We will ensure the opportunity you are offering meets the requirements of an Apprenticeship. Your potential apprentice can be recruited from local schools, the National Vacancy Matching Service, Gloucestershire College, or even directly from your current workforce.
All potential apprentices need to complete an application form. If you do not have an existing employee in mind we will advertise your vacancy for you.
We then request references from previous employers and/or schools for all applicants. They will then be offered an interview and initial assessment with us.
We will then arrange interviews with you – it is your choice who you employ.
Once you have selected your apprentice a meeting with GC will be arranged and a start date confirmed.
You will need to provide a safe environment. A health and safety check will need to be undertaken in the workplace.
We will also consider your expertise and commitment to support the programme and the apprentice. Your assessor will visit the workplace on a number of occasions, to assess the competence of the learner at work in order for them to complete their qualification.
You must provide equal opportunity to all applicants.
Your Role in the Apprenticeship
You’ll be a part of the programme, which typically involves providing the following.
- Employer-based practical training as part of a planned written programme to include a detailed induction into the workplace
- Paid time away from the pressures of the workplace to complete assignments
- A full range of tasks within the workplace to enable the apprentice to achieve their qualification
- Particular attention should be given to the use of protective clothing and the adoption of safe working practice where relevant
- You will be asked to participate in the review of the learner’s progress at least once every 12 weeks and this will take around 30 minutes
Talk to our Business team to get started.