Apprenticeship programmes give students the chance to learn as they work. This means you’ll have a new employee doing real, valuable work for you, while they’re still in education.
There is government funded training and recruitment support for Apprenticeships, so it’ll cost you less than if you hired another employee.
There are other benefits too. You’ll have...
- A highly skilled and accredited employee(s).
- Increased productivity.
- Improved competitiveness.
- Higher quality standards.
- Better customer service.
Gloucestershire College uses available Government funding to deliver apprenticeship programmes.
Depending on the size of your organisation, qualification level and age of the apprentice there may be no cost to you for the training.
Employer contributions are required when...
- The apprentice is age 19 or over.
- The apprentice has a qualification at Level 4 or greater.
Please Note - the National Minimum Apprentice Wage increases to £3.40p/h on 1st October 2016.
If you meet the criteria for contributing towards the cost of an Apprenticeship, please talk to a member of the Business team for details.
Getting Help with the Cost of an Apprenticeship
We may be able to offer a £1,500 Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (AGE) for companies taking on their first apprentice.
The grant aims to support businesses, who would not otherwise be in a position to so, to recruit individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment though the Apprenticeship programme
Under the current eligibility AGE is designed to support employers who...
- Have fewer than 1000 employees (apprentices with start dates up to 31 December 2014).
- Are new to Apprenticeships or haven’t enrolled a new recruit or existing employee onto an Apprenticeship programme in the previous 12 months.
From January 2015 the programme will focus on small businesses (those with fewer than 50 employees). Under the new eligibility rules, employers will be able to draw down a maximum of five grants of £1,500.
This grant is targeted at 16 to 24-year-olds. Contact us for more information.