Nursery Chef Apprentice at Upper Knapp Farm Day NurseryBack to List
- Reference: VAC001189469
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Dursley
- Salary: £105.00 per week
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Closing Date: 6 April 2017
A fantastic opportunity for someone who would like a great start in the Hospitality Industry as a Chef. You will be working alongside our chef to create nutritious dishes for our nursery children – babies to pre-school age.
You will be working towards your L2 Professional Cookery apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning. All meals and snacks are provided at the Nursery and are freshly made daily. All our meat, vegetables and fruit are sourced locally and our menus are planned in advance involving parents, children and staff.
- Maintenance of excellent standards of hygiene in the kitchen.
- To have knowledge of dietary requirements for religious and health reasons, and to ensure that children with these needs are catered for correctly.
- Participate in the preparation and cooking and serving of main meals, snacks, cakes, etc. in accordance with specified menus.
- Assist the Nursery Chef with the washing and cleaning of crockery, utensils, work surfaces, cupboards and other kitchen equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene and Health & Safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and other rooms as appropriate.
- Deputise for the Chef during his/her absence.
- Wash, dry and put away crockery and cutlery in other areas of the Nursery.
- Deliver prepared food to the Barn for the children that are under 2 and serve their meals in accordance with their needs. You will be responsible for washing up and cleaning the kitchen within the Barn.
- Act in accordance with all Nursery policies and procedures.
- To share in the responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in the Nursery, ensuring that the Nursery’s policies and procedures are observed at all times
- A positive attitude and ability to prepare and serve well presented, nutritious, and attractive meals to individual requirements including those with specific dietary needs in the absence of the Nursery Cook.
- The ability to form positive relationships with colleagues.
- The ability to work as part of a team and promote harmonious relationships.
- Be organised and have the ability to multi task.
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to handle situations calmly
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Willingness to undertake training as necessary
- Awareness of equal opportunities.
- The ability to relate to children.
GCSE English and Maths A - C or equivalents
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship.
About the employer
Upper Knapp Farm Day Nursery has established an excellent reputation as a warm, welcoming and professional centre for child care amongst the communities we serve in Cam, Dursley and beyond since 1994. We believe that each child is unique and we encourage them to flourish and reach their full potential. We aim to create a home-from-home environment with our warm and caring atmosphere, freshly cooked meals and caring staff. Our team is well qualified, experienced and bring a wealth of ideas and knowledge to the Nursery, which in turn benefits the children in their development. We work closely with parents and carers and believe that a partnership approach is the best way to create strong bonds and happy children.