Apprentice Engineering Technician - Electronics at TRW Automotive ElectronicsBack to List
- Reference: VAC001189954
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: £173 per week
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Closing Date: 16 May 2017
TRW's apprenticeship scheme is for people who want to play a part in engineering leading edge technologies for the global vehicle market.
Responsible to the Powertrain Engineering Manager, you will be part of a group developing electronic control unit designs for a range of products covering ZF-TRW’s portfolio of Powertrain products at the ZF-TRW Cirencester site. In the role of engineering technician, you will support the design team building and testing prototypes, evaluating product performance during concept verification and proving final product design during design verification and product validation.
What You’ll Do
As a company that designs and develops intelligent safety systems for major car and truck manufacturers, TRW are keen to recruit the most capable and positive people. If you can demonstrate the right commitment and enthusiasm for a career in an exciting automotive engineering environment, then they can offer you: -
- Academic qualifications up to HNC level - and even to HND and beyond for the most capable & motivated
- NVQ qualifications to develop your practical skills in engineering
- Opportunity to develop workshop skills supporting the engineering team with prototype builds
- Opportunity to develop key laboratory skills testing and debugging electronic hardware
- Mentoring from experienced members of our electronic hardware team to help you learn and develop your electronic design skills
For those with the right attitude and outstanding capability, there may also be opportunities to progress into professional level engineering positions.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing development and validation testing, documenting test results and report writing
- Project support activities including printed circuit board assembly with leaded and surface mount components and cabling
- Maintaining equipment calibration and records for the Cirencester site
- Maintaining the electrostatic protected work areas for the Cirencester site.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including:
- Grade B or higher in Mathematics and
- Grade C or higher in the following subjects:
- English Language
- Science (or Physics if separate sciences taken)
- Another technical subject, preferably IT
- Genuinely interested in an electronics engineering career in the automotive industry
- Good practical skills and attention to detail
- Positive and motivated attitude
- Keen to learn new things and apply that knowledge
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
- Excellent customer service
Personable and trustworthy
Grades A – D (or equivalent qualifications) in Mathematics and English
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship
About the employer
TRW design and develop intelligent safety systems for major car manufacturers.