Front of House Apprentice at Severn & Wye Smokery LtdBack to List
- Reference: VAC001176974
- Total Positions: 2
- Location: Westbury-on-Severn
- Salary: £150 per week
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Closing Date: 11 May 2017
Severn and Wye Smokery is an award-winning artisan and family-run business situated on the picturesque banks of the River Severn. They produce and supply world renowned smoked and fresh products to various high-class establishments, such as, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, Fortnum & Mason, Harrods, and The Ritz. The business has excellent ethics and a zero carbon footprint.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of outstanding customer service to our customers. The role involves direct contact with general public and as such applicants should be personable and well presented.
You will be polite, professional, willing to learn and committed. You must be self-motivated, possess good communication skills and have a responsible attitude towards work, time keeping and attendance. Excellent customer service skills with a good telephone manner are a must.
You should have at least G.C.S.E grade C in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
Your typical tasks will involve:
- Serving customers
- Stock replenishment
- Food preparation and service to a high standard
- Maintaining standards of food hygiene and health and safety
- Cash handling
- Any other associated tasks as required
- Be willing and flexible to assist with general duties to ensure the efficient running of the shop.
We are based on easily accessible public transport routes.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Highly organised
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Flexible approach
- Calm under pressure
- Good team player
- Professional and polite
- Committed and willing to learn
- Responsible & self-motivated
- Enthusiastic and approachable
- Thorough and accurate
GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
Things to consider
You need to be prepared to work in a very busy and fast paced environment and not to be afraid to work under pressure and to deadlines.
About the employer
Severn & Wye Smokery is situated on the edge The Royal Forest of Dean between two of England's most celebrated salmon rivers. It is here that we practice the art of smoking only the highest quality fish and meat.