Apprentice Chef at Severn & Wye Smokery LtdBack to List
- Reference: VAC001178091
- Total Positions: 2
- Location: Westbury-on-Severn
- Salary: £150 per week
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Closing Date: 11 May 2017
Severn and Wye Smokery is an award-winning artisan and family-run business situated on the picturesque banks of the River Severn. They produce and supply world renowned smoked and fresh products to various high-class establishments, such as, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, Fortnum & Mason, Harrods, and The Ritz. The business has excellent ethics and a zero carbon footprint.
The successful candidate will be required to support the Kitchen team in the smooth running of the fish restaurant and kitchen and maintaining the kitchen standards.
The role involves direct contact with general public and as such applicants should be personable and well presented.
You will be polite, professional, willing to learn and committed. You must be self-motivated, possess good communication skills and have a responsible attitude towards work, time keeping and attendance.
You should have at least G.C.S.E grade C in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
You will be responsible for assisting in:
- The preparation, cooking and presentation of food with the aim to delivering an excellent customer experience;
- Menu development and food tasting;
- Helping to keep the kitchen clean, tidy and organised;
- Compliance with, legal Government and Company policy relating to Fire, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and ensuring they are adhered to;
- Any other associated tasks as required;
- Be willing and flexible to assist with general duties to ensure the efficient running of the shop.
This job role requires individuals who have a passion for food and a desire to learn and develop new culinary skills!
They are based on easily accessible public transport routes.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Highly organised
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Flexible approach
- Calm under pressure
- Good team player
- Professional and polite
- Committed and willing to learn
- Responsible & self-motivated
- Enthusiastic and approachable
- Thorough and accurate
GCSE grade C or above in English and mathematics or the equivalent
Things to consider
You need to be prepared to work in a very busy and fast paced environment and not to be afraid to work under pressure and to deadlines.
About the employer
Severn & Wye Smokery is situated on the edge The Royal Forest of Dean between two of England's most celebrated salmon rivers. It is here that we practice the art of smoking only the highest quality fish and meat.