Early Years Apprenticeship at Newnham Early BirdsBack to List
- Reference: VAC001187719
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Newnham
- Salary: £105 per week
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Closing Date: 5 April 2017
Are you enthusiastic, cheerful, with more energy than average? Are you looking for a rewarding and fulfilling career in a nurturing, fun and friendly environment?
A local Children’s play group in Newnham, Forest of Dean, are looking for an apprentice Childcare Assistant to join their growing team whilst studying towards a nationally recognised qualification. We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual who has a real passion for working with children.
You will be working towards your L3 Childcare apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
- Meeting and greeting parents and children
- Making notes on children’s daily activities
- Helping with lunch time
- Ensuring an excellent level of health & safety is maintained at all times
- Interacting and playing with children in a fun and educational manner.
- An ability to relate and engage to an excellent level with children
- A strong passion for education and caring for young children
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
GCSE Grades A-C (or equivalent) to include English and Mathematics.
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship.
About the employer
Newnham Early Birds is a friendly community playgroup within the grounds of Newnham St Peters School. We provide funded early years education for two, three and four year olds as well as breakfast and after school wraparound care for 2-11 years providing drop off and collection to/from Newnham St Peters School. Our highly qualified practitioners have an excellent understanding of how young children learn and provide exciting and stimulating activities to ensure that learning is interesting and fun inside and out.