Childcare Apprentice at Helen Mair JonesBack to List
- Reference: VAC001171600
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Gloucester
- Salary: £105 per week
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Closing Date: 7 March 2017
Helen Mair Jones is looking for a childcare apprentice to assist her in delivering high quality early years education in her home-from-home child-minding setting. You will learn all aspects of working in early years whilst studying towards your childcare qualification.
She is looking for someone that is passionate about quality childcare. You will be part of a nurturing and creative environment with a great opportunity to be a childcare Apprentice at Helen Jones’ home from home childcare. Applicants need to be able to deliver high quality early years education with patience, understanding and warmth. You should have a real enthusiasm for creating a fun environment for children aged 0-5 years who will learn through play.
You will be an engaging, positive role-model, dedicated to helping children to learn and grow to be the best that they can be. Some of your duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting parents and children
- Planning and assisting in activities such as arts and crafts, music and cooking
- Helping children to learn numeracy and literacy skills
- Provide varied experiences and activities for children including songs, role-play, games and story-telling.
- Interacting and playing with children in a fun and educational manner, implementing appropriate activities for the children’s age, stage & ability.
- Feeding and changing babies
- Tracking children’s development by carrying out observations and completing learning journeys
- Ensuring an excellent level of health & safety is maintained at all times
- Ensure children are supervised at all times, Providing an exceptionally high standard of care to all children within the setting.
- Maintain a smart, clean and presentable appearance.
- You will be working towards your L3 Childcare apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking. It is helpful if you are confident with children, calm and organised but most importantly - patient
You will be a reliable, friendly and caring individual who is capable of demonstrating initiative. You will be required to follow strict health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children.
GCSE English A - C and Maths A - C only (to be completed by the end of the apprenticeship)
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship.
About the employer
Helen Jones’ Home from Home Childcare is looking to recruit their first apprentice. They are based near Robinswood Hill Country Park. They have a warm, friendly atmosphere with family values and an emphasis on creating a positive and engaging environment for children to thrive.