Apprentice Chef at Hallmark Hotels GloucesterBack to List
- Reference: VAC001168412
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Gloucester
- Salary: £140 per week
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Closing Date: 28 February 2017
Hallmark Hotels are looking for a Professional Cookery apprentice to join their busy team, learning all aspects of working in a kitchen environment whilst studying towards your Professional Cookery qualification.
You will be working towards your L2 Professional Cookery apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be
- To follow general high standards in the kitchen as set by the Head Chef.
- To understand simple storage, wastage and portion controls.
- To ensure you are ready for service and have communicated with your superior when ready.
- To understand your menus and mise en place.
- To ensure you keep your workstation clear and clean at all times.
- To understand basic kitchen equipment and safety.
- To carry out the cleaning as specified in your departments cleaning manual.
- To support a working environment which promotes a positive attitude, pride and good morale.
- To complete any other reasonable tasks as requested by a member of the Management team.
- To fully assist and implement HACCP policy.
- To receive goods and check items supplied are to the standard and quality required. To inform the Head/ Sous chef of any discrepancies.
- To ensure the correct storage and handling of food stuffs and that stock rotation and security procedures are adhered to.
- To attend any training and development schemes as recommended by the management.
- To minimise the wastage of food stuffs and maintain portion control in order to help achieve the Food Gross Profit.
- To comply with all hotel and company rules, regulations and policies.
Good attention to detail and willing to learn and develop.
Personable and trustworthy, be able to work as part of a team, be flexible, hardworking and presentable.
A - D English & Maths GCSE (or equivalents) or Functional Skills.
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship.
About the employer
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester is a 4* hotel and is part of a group of 28 hotels in the UK 5 minutes from the M5 and a short taxi journey from Gloucester train station. 95 bedrooms including 6 family rooms. Enjoy a delicious meal in the Brasserie, bar and lounge. Great afternoon tea offer. Health club with squash court and beauty treatment area. Swimming pool and children’s pool. Meeting rooms for up to 200 delegates. A Civil Ceremony licence and versatile wedding suite for up to 200 guests. Plenty of free parking.