Business Administration Apprenticeship at Gloucestershire CollegeBack to List
- Reference: VAC001170878
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Cheltenham
- Salary: £12,112.00 annual wage
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Closing Date: 27 February 2017
To work within a team to provide effective administrative support for a specialist project, paying particular attention to meeting deadlines to external partners.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To carry out effective processing of information and data using College specific software plus some bespoke databases, spreadsheets and/or other systems
- Be the main point of contact for day to day administrative support for the Project Coordinator and associated contacts.
- Liaise effectively with other cross-college services particularly the Student Development and Employability Team, Careers and Finance.
- Provide effective administrative support for the Project Coordinator ensuring accuracy of data returns to the external Project Manager., including specific projects when required
- Set up and maintain an up to date tracking system recording all relevant details to ensure the project runs smoothly, meets external audit requirements and all returns meet prescribed deadlines.
- Respond promptly to requests and check paperwork to confirm its accuracy against defined contract criteria and ensuring corrections are properly followed up as necessary
- Produce Ad-hoc reports, information and promotional materials as requested
- Adopt efficient, streamlined and accurate work practices and support the team in all aspects of department improvement
- Take an active part in the performance review process.
- Comply with all relevant Health & Safety regulations and assist the College in the implementation of its own Health & Safety Policy.
- Comply with and actively promote the College’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Comply with and actively promote the College’s Safeguarding Policy and Practices.
- Support the College’s sustainability policies and recognise the shared responsibility of carrying out duties in a resource efficient way.
- Participate in enrolment.
- Undertake a first-aid qualification and participate in the first aid rota, as required.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as specified by your line manager commensurate with the level of this post.
- Experienced and skilled in the use of Microsoft Office – particularly Excel, Word and Power Point
- Able to manage own time and to work to tight deadlines
- Methodical approach and attention to detail
- Flexible approach
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate with staff effectively at all levels, personally and by telephone
- Excellent team player
- Ambitious in wanting the very best outcome for GC learners.
- Committed to continuously improving for the benefit of our learners.
- Actively invites feedback from peers and customers to identify opportunities to improve.
- Receptive to new ideas and learns from failures as well as successes.
- Approaches difficulties with a positive attitude.
- Openly communicates and resolves issues through helping not blaming others.
- Treats others with respect and civility, building trust to bring out the best in people.
- Takes responsibility for playing a part in achieving GC's vision.
- Takes responsibility for their own actions and work; committing to doing their best every time.
- Committed to delivering the highest possible standards of customer service and undertaking the role to the highest possible standard.
- Committed to safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
- GCSE English A - C or Level 2 Functional Skills
- GCSE Maths A - D or Level 1 Functional Skills
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship
Things to consider
Able to travel between College sites if required. Enhanced with barred status DBS criminal record disclosure. Very occasional Saturday hours may be required.
About the employer
Further education establishment. GC is a modern, well-equipped College with a thriving community of UK and international students. We offer a range of education and training programmes, including for school leavers and mature students.