Business Admin Apprenticeship with GBE Fire & SecurityBack to List
- Reference: VAC001311852
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Gloucester
- Salary: £140 per week
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Closing Date: 1 November 2017
You will be working towards your L2 Business Admin apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
To provide administrative assistance to departments within the company in order to ensure effective and efficient operations within the companies head office. To project a professional image through in-person and phone interaction.
- To open and distribute all incoming correspondence including faxes and mail to the company’s generic email address.
- To carry our general reception duties including the answering of calls though the company’s main lines.
- To coordinate and maintain staff records including the monitoring of leave and training plus the security screening and induction of all new staff.
- To carry out project and sales processing duties
- To carry out initial sales order processing tasks including the registering of enquiries and orders.
- To assist in the compilation of system take-offs on new projects.
- To maintain the Company’s electronic project filing system.
- To compile technical submissions as required.
- To assist in the maintenance of the Company’s project drawings during and post project installation utilising propriety CAD software.
- To carry out any other job specific duties as deemed appropriate by the directors of the Company.
- To have good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports and submission items for tender/contract.
- To have the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers and outside bodies.
- To have the ability to understand and disseminate specifications and technical drawings.
- To be able to display initiative and to have strong attention to detail.
- To have proven administrative skills.
- To have good organisational and time management skills.
- To be honest, trustworthy and to maintain strict confidentiality in performing duties relating to finance and tenders.
- To be computer literate and proficient in all core Microsoft Office packages.
- Willing to be trained in the latest AutoCAD software packages.
Personable and trustworthy
GCSE Maths and English A – C (9 - 4) or equivalent qualifications
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship
About the employer
GBE provide design, installation and support services for life safety and security systems to major construction projects throughout the UK. We are dedicated to delivering the highest levels of service and leading edge technology to ensure our client’s life safety and security needs are comprehensively met. Recent high profile projects have included the new U.S. Embassy in London, Twickenham Stadium and Birmingham Dental Hospital.