Landscaping Apprentice at Foliation LimitedBack to List
- Reference: VAC001188216
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Newent
- Salary: £160.00 per week
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Closing Date: 5 April 2017
A great job offer with a successful company. You will assist the construction team in hard and soft landscaping and garden maintenance.
This role will include a variation of jobs within Landscape Gardening, including:
- Working with listed walls using old techniques to rebuild.
- Learning how to lay and point pathways and patios.
- Build and dismantle show gardens at Royal Horticultural Society flower shows.
- General Maintenance and grounds keeping such as mowing, edging and hedging is also required.
An example of some of the units you will be completing during your Apprenticeship includes:
- Prepare and construct new structures or surfaces.
- Maintaining plants outdoors.
- Design landscape areas and specify materials and components.
- Preparing ground for seeding and planting.
- Levelling and preparing sites for landscaping.
- Repair and restore walls.
- Laying hard surfaces for external landscaping.
Hardworking, a positive attitude towards new challenges, enthusiastic about learning and developing new skills.
Reliable, polite, well-mannered.
Preferably minimum GCSE grade C in English & Maths or equivalent to.
Successful applicant can progress into certain areas of the business depending on their ability to learn.
About the employer
Foliation Limited is a dynamic, forward-thinking hard/soft landscaping company based in Gloucestershire, undertaking projects throughout the UK.