Apprentice Support Worker at Expeditions Living LtdBack to List
- Reference: VAC001145245
- Total Positions: 4
- Location: Cheltenham
- Salary: £240.00 per week
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Closing Date: 1 March 2017
Provide outstanding care and support to our customers. Assist in the development of the business philosophy, goals and objectives for the benefit of our customers so that they can live an independent and fulfilling life.
To provide a professional, flexible and consistently high standard of service provision to service users and to work within the aims and objectives of the organisation, relevant legislation and regulation
- Day to day personal care.
- Undertaking community initiatives and helping customers to achieve their full potential.
- Creative and flexibility to enable independence.
- In accordance with the service user’s Individual Care Plan, you will attend to their personal care needs, be aware of their emotions and their personal requirements, their right to request same sex carer for personal care risks and to treat them with sensitivity.
- Carry out personal care including washing, dressing, toileting, promoting independence and continence where possible, bathing/showering, the cleaning of dentures or own teeth and assisting to bed as required.
- Providing comfort, dignity and observing privacy.
- Make and change beds, ensuring all rooms are clean, tidy; commodes emptied and cleaned.
- To assist with the preparation of meals & drinks.
- Clinical waste must be double bagged into pedal bin liner or carrier bag, tied and put into the bin.
- Assist to Keep the house clean and tidy.
- Familiarise yourself, and work in accordance with, companies Policies and Procedures File.
- Familiarise yourself with changes in Service Users Care Plans and read Communication Book/Diary when reporting on duty.
- Complete written day/night records as instructed by the Manager noting all significant occurrences. ALL written work to be signed and dated (Black Ink).
- To conduct yourself at all times in a manner conducive to the well-being of the Service user.
- Maintain a High Standard of Dress, Hygiene, and Decorum whilst working for the company and outside when wearing Uniform.
- Promote and ensure the reputation of the company.
- Participate in the appropriate Mandatory and *Personal Development Training Programmes.
- Participate in regular Staff meetings when requested.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all matters concerning the service users, staff and related work.
- Receive instruction and familiarise yourself with the Administration of Medication as directed by the General Practitioner, receive and log medications into and out of the service users home. (This will be after adequate training and assessed supervision).
- Notify the company as soon as possible of your inability to work.
- Report immediately to the Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by service user, colleague, yourself, or any other person.
- Any issues to be reported to the Manager or Proprietor as soon as possible.
- Comply to Care Standards Act 2000 and Regulations.
- Your attention is drawn to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, which requires you to:
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and others.
- Co-operate with the management on any matters of Health and Safety.
- Understand fully and comply with all current legislation.
- Attention to detail
- Computer Literate
- Driving Licence added advantage.
- Good listener
- Good communicator
- Role model and desire to success
GCSE Maths and English grades A-D or equivalent.
Leading to full time positions.
About the employer
Expeditions Living promotes independence and choice to people that requires support to live a fulfilling life. Our values and ethos are based on the empowerment of vulnerable individuals to be able to enjoy life through a flexible personalised support that is toilred to the individuals' choice.
We are committed to providing a total range of care, in collaboration with all appropriate agencies to meet the overall personal and health and care needs of every individual we support. We uphold the core elements factors;
- Individual rights, choice, respect, dignity, independence, equality, and a fulfilment to personal growth as priority in our philosophy.
- Help with personal care and support.
- Help with medication admnistration.
- Guidance on social skills and community interaction.
- Housing and Accommodation.
- Emotional support and independent living skills.
- Help with Employment and education.