Business Administration Apprenticeship at Clarkson Evans Training LtdBack to List
- Reference: VAC001180436
- Total Positions: 1
- Location: Gloucester
- Salary: £180 per week
- Hours: 39 hours per week
- Closing Date: 23 April 2017
An exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the county, with a view to securing permanent employment at the end of the apprenticeship. You’ll be based in our training centre and will gain a broad range of administration experience.
We are looking for a talented individual with a keen eye for detail and plenty of enthusiasm. In return we’ll teach you about the inner workings of a busy training centre and offer you the opportunity to progress a long-term career with us.
This is a new role created in response to our continued growth so if you’ve got the initiative, you’ll be able to organise your own daily routines and we’re hoping you’ll eventually add value in ways we hadn’t anticipated. You will need to be willing to start with the basics though so this role is ideal for someone looking to get on the first rung of the ladder.
Initially your duties are likely to include:
- Scanning and saving our paper-based documentation to create electronic files
- Responding to telephone and email enquiries from apprentices regarding their college arrangements.
- Invigilating during apprentice examinations
- Issuing college joining instructions/updates by email to apprentices
- Liaising by email with lecturers and other internal staff to ensure college arrangements are properly communicated to all relevant parties
- Updating spreadsheets and management information systems to ensure we maintain accurate learner data.
- Taking minutes during staff meetings
- Providing reception cover at lunchtimes and in the absence of our full time receptionist
- Providing administrative support for our teams of lecturers and assessors (e.g. photocopying)
- Assisting with stationery orders
- Distributing post for the department
- Maintaining an accurate filing system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to work well in a team
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve as much as possible every day
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- GCSE Maths or equivalent, grade A* to D
- GCSE English or equivalent, grade A* to C
Full time permanent role in IT department.
About the employer
Clarkson Evans started life as a family business in the eighties when Steve Evans, now Managing Director, began trading as ‘S P Evans Electrical Contractor’ using his spare bedroom as an office.
Since then the company has grown beyond recognition, employing around 700 staff wiring new homes across England and Wales.
We work for all the leading house builders and our phenomenal growth is thanks to our drive to continuously improve what we do and to provide first class customer service.
To achieve this we recruit the cream of the crop where electricians and apprentices are concerned.