The Strategic Alliance is a partnership between the University of Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and Stroud College (SGS) and Gloucestershire College. The aim is to make Higher Education (HE) more open to students with clear progression routes and the chance to study closer to home.
The partnership was formed in February 2012 and a ten year Memorandum of Understanding was signed in 2013. It commits the organisations to work together over the next decade.
We will work to raise the quality, range and accessibility of HE in the county and beyond. There will be a range of new courses available to students in Gloucestershire.
More Courses, More Help
The relationship also means that Gloucestershire College is now an Associate Faculty of the University of Gloucestershire. You can now study for University of Gloucestershire validated or franchised degrees at Gloucestershire College.
When you enrol on one of these courses you will also have access to a range of University facilities and resources. Direct help from the University for students from the College includes...
- Special bursary packages aimed at GC students.
- Priority access to all guidance and recruitment activities, events and talks providing information relating to HE.
- Free places on summer residential reserved for students from the College (some conditions apply).
- Exclusive access to the Gloucestershire mentoring scheme as part of UoG’s Compact programme.
- Pre-enrolment activity to aide transition from College to the University.
For more information on how this partnership works, contact the Admissions team via Student Services.