Meet the Governors
Trish Burton (Chair)
- Former Vice Principal, North East Worcestershire College
I joined the board as I wanted my 30 years of knowledge and skills to be useful and to give something back to a sector that I am very passionate about.
I have a lot of experience in developing ideas, people and teams and hope to contribute in a way that benefits the College and its communities.
Gillian Hayes (Vice Chair)
- 2Gether NHS Foundation Trust: elected public governor for Gloucester
- Former Deputy Director, Reviews at The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education.
I joined the Board to support the FE sector by applying my knowledge, skills & experience gained throughout my career to college governance.
Keith Rog (Vice Chair)
- Background in hospitality, change management, marketing and LEP.
I joined the Board to support the valuable work of equipping Gloucestershire's young people to be fulfilled and to be the best they can be, to continue to promote Gloucestershire as a great place to live and work, as well as to start and to grow a business.
Principal of Gloucestershire College
Matthew was appointed Principal of Gloucestershire College in September 2013. He is a Chartered Accountant. He joined in 1998 as Vice Principal with responsibility for Finance, Management Information Systems, IT & Business Development. Matthew is committed to putting GC at the heart of its community.
Lead Commissioner - Employment & Skills with Gloucestershire County Council and GFirst LEP
I joined the Board to use my experience of further and adult education, online learning, business development and links with the business community in order to help the College in providing the skills and support to help it’s students succeed.
Vice Chancellor, University of Gloucestershire
Committed to ensuring effective partnership between the College and the University to meet the needs of Gloucestershire.
- Finance Partner, Bruton Knowles
- Director, BK Service Company Limited
- Trustee, Gloucester United Schools Trust
I joined the Gloucestershire College board because I wanted to help others achieve their full potential, whatever that might be; my own education has been vital to my career.
Educational opportunities are key to people’s lives and to the success of a civilised society and I have been pleased to be able to make a contribution to that.
- Chartered Surveyor & Partner at Ash & Co
- Fellow of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
I have experience in Estates Development and Management and also general commercial expertise to contribute.
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Finance Director of Zurich Personal Lines & Endsleigh
- Member of the Cheltenham Borough Council Risk Task Force
I have a real interest in education and understand its immense importance to both the community and economy.
Clive Baldwin, External Governor, Formerly Head of Risk, Zurich Personal Lines & Endsleigh. I would like to use my knowledge and experience to assist the College in helping the next generation.
- Formerly Head of Capital Builds at Skills Funding Agency
I fully support and believe that a thriving FE College sector is vital to the UK economy and for the career and employment prospects of young people. I would like to support and help develop FE.
Staff Nominated Member
Head of School, Business, Sport, Public Services & Travel
I became a Governor to make a vested impact on the College and its future, I am committed to improving our provision for students.
Staff Nominated Member
Head of School, Construction, Building Services and Motor Vehicle
My passion for learning is evident, and I would like to contribute to the college’s success further, by being part of change and the decision process. I strongly believe that there is a place for everyone within Gloucestershire College.
- HR Director UK, Oberthur Technologies UK Ltd
- Progressed HR career in SME and large corporate companies
- Former Secondary School Teacher in Gloucestershire
I joined the GC Board and Business & Resources Committee as I would like to use my accumulated skills & experience to help GC as an important local institution while continuing to work for a major local employer. GC has significant aspirations and impact on the local community and its young people. The link with business is vital and one I believe I am equipped to support.
- Former head of vocational publishing for Heinemann
- Former head of BTEC (Product Management) for Pearson
I strongly believe in vocational education and want to offer my experience in this sector to support the college in its vital role in providing FE for the local community and the economy.