Gloucestershire College offers all its clients a complimentary skin testing service, as we aim to ensure that students and clients receiving a colour service are protected as far as is reasonably possible from suffering an allergic reaction to hair colouring and tints.
It is College policy and industry best practice that you have a skin test carried out by a member of staff or student at Gloucestershire College a minimum of 48 hours prior to your appointment. In the case of a Monday appointment, clients are required to attend on the Friday afternoon prior to their appointment. Unfortunately, if you do not have a skin test we will be unable to carry out the colouring service.
For all hair colouring services marked with a * an allergy test must be carried out for:
- Every new colour or hair lightening client
- Every client who has not had a colour service at Graduations in the past six months
- Every client who has not had a skin test at Graduations in the past 12 months (clients must be allergy tested at least once every 12 months)
- Every client who is having a different colorant brand or shade
- In the event of a manufacturer changes its formulations.
For all eyelash/eyebrow tinting and false lash services marked with a # an allergy test must be carried out for every client who request to have an eye treatment which involves chemicals in contact with the eyes.
Please be aware that some services and treatments may take longer than usual, due to students training to be salon-perfect and following industry-standard consultations and processes. Appointments are term-time only, opening hours are subject to change at any time and treatments are subject to availability.
Thank you for your patience. Your safety is our primary concern.